Monday, February 23, 2009

A Girl's Get-away

I escaped this past weekend for a girl's weekend in Houston. It was a very much needed trip. For all of us. I needed a break from the 24/7 duties of being a mom of 3 with a deployed husband. The boys needed a break from me. Addy-girl came along since she's a girl and all, she was allowed. And because I'm still nursing her. She was such a trooper. She's definately a girl after her mommy's heart!!! We shopped and shopped and shopped some more. It was such a treat to have so many places to choose from and so many great restaurants. I came home feeling relaxed and refreshed.

It was even more wonderful to come home to my boys. I missed them and when I walked in the door and surprised them, it was evident that they missed me too. It felt so good to be missed. It seems like we appreciate each other more now. I was welcomed with great, wonderful, warm hugs and tons of kisses. Evan wrenched my heart as he squeezed my neck and said, "I just knew you were coming back". Aww, I will always, ALWAYS come back for my precious ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment